The EVD3500 Hand Held Explosives Detector detects homemade, military and commercial explosives, including ICAO taggants, plastics, ammonium nitrate, black powder, other nitrates and TATP
Vapours are sampled directly by vacuum into the sampling nozzle.
Particulates are sampled by swiping a suspected object with cotton gloves and then transferring the traces to a screen which is inserted into the sampling port.
It is built to withstand rough handling and tough environments, it has a potent detection capability in a lightweight, durable thermoplastic housing.
It will analyse both particulate and vapour samples in seconds, without the need for radioactive isotopes or carrier gases.
All identifying results are indicated on the LCD and by a volume-adjustable audio or LED alarm, making detection a simple one-step process.
It can detect even minute traces (low nanogram level) of C-4, TNT, Dynamite, PETN, Semtex, EGDN, DMNB, RDX, ANFO, Black powder, Ammonium Nitrate, Urea Nitrate, Nitroglycerin and TATP with low false alarm levels and few interferents.
- 12 V AC battery, external battery, printer
- Battery powered for portability
- Comes in a fully equipped, rugged carrying case
- Delivers laboratory-grade accuracy
- Detect traces of both particulates and vapours
- Detecting the presence of plastic and high vapour pressure explosives, including taggants
- Detects nitrogen- and peroxide-based explosives
- External Datalogger w 8Gb flash card
- Light-weight less than 3.0 kg
- Non-invasively searching luggage, mail, clothing, electronic articles, cars, trucks, documents and containers
- Portable explosives trace detector with comprehensive explosives detection capabilities
- Quick operation
- Rapid, accurate and easy to read results in seconds
- Ready to use without warm-up (after daily 1-minute start)
- Simple push-button
- Detection Principle: Chemilux, disposable cartridge, no radioactive source
- Analysis time16 seconds
- Sampling Methodology: Vapour and particle sampling
- Explosives Detected: PETN, RDX, TNT, dynamite, Semtex, C-4, black powder, ammonium and urea nitrates, NG, ICAO taggants, EGDN and DMNB, TATP, peroxides, chlorates
- Sensitivity Nanogram
- Warm-up time: None (after daily 1 minute start)
- Alarm audio indicator and LED indicator lights
- Power supply: 12-volt DC rechargeable 4 hour battery pack
- Input Voltage 90-264 VAC, 50-60Hz universal switching
- Communication RS-232 serial output port
- Data Storage of 1,000 retrievable data records
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +55°C
- Storage temperature: -5°C to +65°C
- Unit Weight: 3 Kg
- Unit Dimensions 50x14x11cm
- Shipping Weight 15.3kg
- VIP Screening
- High Security Events
- Critical Infrastructure
- Royal and Diplomatic Protection
- Embassies and Consulates
- Customs and Borders
You may return most new, unopened items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.