The discovery of the Covid 19 in the world made us realise how unprepared we were for any global pandemic. But fortunately for the quick response of leaders and health workers all over the world, the spread is being contained and a good number of recoveries are evident. In Nigeria, offices and workplaces have reopened amidst the Covid 19 pandemic and safety measures are being implemented in every sector.
The Safety of employers and employees is a priority, to help prevent the spread among staffs of an organization. I would list some helpful tips for offices and workplaces to keep workers safe from Covid 19.
Covid 19 is spread through the following ways;
- By close contact with an infected person
- By droplet infection from sneeze or cough from an infected person
- By touching surfaces that have been exposed to the virus.
Covid 19 Safety tips for workplaces and offices include
1. Put up a “No face mask, no entry “ sign at the entrance of your work place
2. Get a digital infrared thermometer
3. Place a sanitizer at the entrance and reception of your office
4. Disinfect door handles, desktops and phones used in the office regularly
5. Maintain few metres distance between desks and chairs in the office
6. Any worker with signs of Covid 19 should not be allowed to work
7. Limit the number of people in an office, any duty that can be done from home should be encouraged
8. Allow work shifts
9. Ensure your offices are well ventilated
10. Avoid shaking hands
11. Maintain good personal hygiene
12. Stay calm if you notice any symptom, Covid 19 is not a death sentence.
The workforce of a Nation is important to the growth of the economy, the safety of every employee should be overseen by employers.
Covid 19 won't stay forever, we would overcome this.
Visit Bas Mall Online Shopping Mall for Covid 19 workplace safety products